Millet, almond & cashew cookies
- 150g millet (preferably soaked for 8hrs in warm water with a tsp of acv, then sprouted)
- 100g ground almonds (preferably soaked for 8hrs in water with a pinch of salt, then rinsed)
- 100g cashews, divided (preferably soaked for 4hrs in water with a pinch of salt, then rinsed)
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of sea salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan)
- Line 1 baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place millet into high speed blender and blend until you have more or less flour like consistency.
- In a large bowl whisk together millet flour, ground almonds, half cashews, cardamom, soda and salt. Mix in chopped other half of cashews and lemon zest and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk melted coconut oil with honey, vanilla and lemon juice and pour over the dry mix.
- Mix everything together to form a dough. Leave to stand for 10 min.
- With your hands form about 25 small balls with a mixture and place onto lined baking sheet. Flatten gently with palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until light golden brown.