glutenfree grainfree paleo primal baking cake whitechocolate
White chocolate, almond and lemon cake
- 320 grams almond meal
- 200 grams white chocolate, melted
- 180 grams salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 60ml of limoncello or lemon juice
- dehydrated lemon slices, optional
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (fan forced) and line a 21cm pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter with honey until fluffy. Add the lemon zest and egg yolks and beat until well combined. Then add the almond meal and the melted chocolate. Add the limoncello / lemon juice and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the almond batter until well combined. Spoon the batter into the greased pan, place dehydrated lemon slices on top and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before removing from the pan. Sprinkle on some powdered lucuma if desired, but only before serving.