cake chocolate jerf flourless
Flourless Sweet Potato & Chocolate Cake
- 1 medium sweet potato - 2-3 cups when grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup (optional - I prefer without)
- 4 tbs raw cacao
- 4 tbs carob powder
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 40g butter or ghee
- pinch of salt
- berries, bee pollen
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F).
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, melted butter/coconut oil and honey if using in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier cake.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a cake pan lined with greased baking paper. I used a 23cm springform.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the cake form the tin.
- Melt the frosting ingredients over low heat. Drizzle the frosting over cooled cake. Decorate with some berries and bee pollen.