Olive oil chocolate and almond cake
- 290g almond meal
- 70 g cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 140ml olive oil
- 120ml milk
- 120g raw honey or organic maple syrup
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 150g cream
- 100g melted dark chocolate (85%)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs salted butter, melted
- 2 drops of frankincense essential oil (optional)
- 1 tbs brain octane oil (optional)
Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
Combine almond meal, cacao, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
Add the eggs, olive oil, milk and honey.
Mix well to form a smooth batter.
Spoon into a 20 cm round baking tin that you have lined with baking paper to prevent sticking. Alternatively you can line the tin with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until just cooked through. It’s ok if the inside is a little moist when you remove the cake as it will create a lovely moist texture inside.
Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Make the frosting by blending all ingredients together in a high speed blender. Frost the cake immediately.