Beef Liver Pâté with Kaiserfleisch, Rosemary & Thyme
- 5 pieces Kaiserfleisch (or uncured bacon, if unavailable)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g grass-fed beef liver
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- ½ cup bone broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, cook the kaiserfleisch and onions until soft.
- Once onions are soft, add garlic, rosemary, thyme and beef livers and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add bone broth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, them transfer liver mixture and all accumulated juices to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread in a glass dish and refrigerate until chilled and firm.
- To prevent oxidation, top the jar with melted butter, coconut oil or ghee.