sugar-free grain-free gluten-free paleo primal chocolate brownies jerf
Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
- 1 medium sweet potato - 2-3 cups when grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tbs raw cacao
- 4 tbs carob powder
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 40 g cacao butter
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla and coconut oil oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with greased baking paper. I used a 23cm square tin.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin.
- Melt the frosting ingredients over low heat. Drizzle the frosting over cooled brownies, cut them into squares & serve.