RAW LEMON, CHIA AND GINGER CASHEW CHEESECAKE
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 5 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2.5 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked for 6 hr and strained
- 12 tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used meyer lemons)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3-5 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 30 ml of freshly juiced ginger or 2 tsp ground ginger (spice)
- seeds from 2 vanilla beans
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (spice)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Some of the crust mixture for making balls. A few slices of lemon, a bit of chia seeds for sprinkling.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor until a sticky crumble is formed. Remove a bit of the mixture and form into a few little balls with your hands, set aside. Transfer the rest of the crust mixture into a 20cm springform pan and press to form a crust along the base and a bit up the edges all around. Place the pan in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except chia seeds, in a power blender until completely smooth. Add in chia and either stir with a spoon or pulse very briefly to fold the seeds in without grinding them down (don't over-blend -- you want those seeds visible in the cake!). Pour this mixture into the pan over the crust. Smooth out the top (I let mine be a bit rustic). Top with a few slices of lemon, the balls, and sprinkle with chia.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Decorate with rosemary sprig before serving. I recommend allowing the cake to thaw out a bit prior to serving for a softer consistency. Keep leftovers frozen. Enjoy!