coconutflour cardamom jerf paleo primal gluten-free
Coconut flour, fig & cardamom cookies
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (if needed - depending on your 'sugar status'; or use more dried fruit)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 whole eggs or 2 flax gels
- 1/3 cup diced figs (dates & chocolate work too)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter, softened (or real butter)
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Have all ingredients out to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place all your dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add in diced figs and stir.
- Next add in your softened (liquid) coconut butter, coconut oil and eggs (or flax gel – 3 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes) and combine well.
- End with adding in water (if nedded - you want the batter to start holding together and be on the thick side).
- Roll into balls and press lightly.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Cool before removing from cookie sheets.
Makes 16-20 cookies.
Optional: drizzle with some melted dark chocolate