cookies bananaflour chocolate figs paleo primal gluten-free egg-free sugar-free jerf resistantstarch diane
Banana Flour Fig & Chocolate Cookies
inspired by Diane Sanfilippo's Figgy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125g butter, melted
- 1tbs honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups banana flour
- 1 tablespoon Great Lakes gelatin (the red or orange can)
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup dried figs, diced
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 50g of 85%cacao chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the honey and vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the banana flour, gelatin, cardamom, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the butter mixture and mix with a hand mixer or in the food processor until the dough starts to come together in a ball – about 30 seconds in the food processor.
- Stir in cacao nibs, figs, and coconut flakes. The mixture will be quite thick.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form little dough balls. The cookie won't spread a lot during baking, so if you desire a flatter cookie, press on the cookie dough ball to desired shape.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden brown. Cool cookies on the rack.
- Melt the chocolate, place it in a small shallow bowl and dip cooled cookies in chocolate.