Turkish Pistachio & Almond Cake
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked in warm salted water for 8 hours, then rinsed.
- 2 cups raw shelled pistachio, soaked in warm salted water for 6 hours, rinsed.
- 2-5 tbs raw honey
- 5 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Extra pistachios, to sprinkle.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170C and lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm round baking tin.
2. Place the rinsed & drained raw pistachios in a high-power large food processor and process until a fine flour which resembles the texture of breadcrumbs. Add the rinsed and drained raw almonds and process until all evenly combined and fine.
3. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mixing until evenly combined. Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the centre of the cake springs back to the touch. Cool completely.
4. Decorate with coconut yoghurt and crushed pistachios.
- For low temperature baking, bake at 110-120C for around 2.5 hrs or until the centre springs back to touch.