Cardamom & Fleur De Sel Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 150 g coconut paste (coconut butter) + 100 ml water or alternatively 250ml full fat coconut cream
- 50 g coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate.
- 2 vanilla beans
- pinch of Fleur De Sel
- toasted coconut flakes and extra salt, to garnish.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cups shredded coconut.
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. To make the crust: combine coconut oil, honey, coconut & cacao and blend together in the food processor.
3. Press mixture into the base and up the sides of a standard sized quiche or pie tin so the mixture's approximately 5mm thick all over.
4. Bake the crust for 15-20. Remove from the oven and let cool and harden.
5. Meanwhile to make the ganache: combine the coconut paste, water, oil, cardamom and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until it simmers.
7. Add melted chocolate and salt, whisking it through until silky.
8. Once silky, pour into tart shell, filling 1cm from the top. Place the tart in the fridge until the ganache sets. Garnish with extra sea salt and coconut.