GF DF P LS
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
- 2.5-3 cups of baked beetroot, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs mesquite
- 1-2 tabs rice malt or honey(optional)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract, or beans from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 large tbs carob powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 180g dark chocolate (85-95% cocoa), chopped
- 2 tbs raw cacao nibs (optional, if not decorating)
hemp seeds, coconut, dried fruit, chocolate ganache etc.
- Preheat oven to 170C
- In a food processor or blender, beat the beetroots, eggs and coconut oil.
- Add mesquite, rice malt, vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt and spices. Blend well.
- Add the cocoa powder, carob, chocolate and coconut flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased cake pan of choice. Sprinkle the batter with cacao nibs (omit if you prefer to decorate cooled cake with ganache, nuts, seeds or dried fruit).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving. Serve with cultured cream.